Well if this recipe doesn’t scream Valentine’s Day, I don’t know what will. The great thing about this pasta dish is that you can use any pasta noodle you wish. I found these fun little heart shaped noodles at HomeGoods. Obviously if you want to get all Martha Stewart and make your own homemade noodles, I commend you and extra points go out to the person who does that (and I want to see photos!).
I used beets to color the sauce because they have such a vibrant color, but also because when you mix it with the noodles, it turns the noodles pink! Side note: Beets are super messy – you get a pink stain on everything so make sure you wipe up and wash everything right away.
💗 1/4 cup raw cashews
💗 1/2 cup almond milk
💗 2 cloves of garlic
💗 1 medium beet, sliced into 1-inch pieces
💗 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
💗 Juice from 1 lemon (or 2 tablespoons)
💗 Extra virgin olive oil
💗 Salt, to taste
💗 1 box of pasta
💗 1/2 cup vegetable broth
💗 1/3 starchy water from pasta
1. Boil cashews for at least 10 minutes in boiling water.
2. Preheat oven to 375*. Roast your diced beets for 50-60 minutes drizzled with olive oil and salt, wrapped in foil.
3. Boil pasta and set aside. Save 1/3 cup starchy pasta water.
4. In a blender, combine drained and rinsed cashews, almond milk, roasted beet, garlic, lemon juice, ricotta cheese, and salt. Slowly add olive oil until you reach a consistency that you like.
5. Bring a large skillet to medium heat, add pink cream sauce and bring to a simmer. Add in white wine, starchy pasta water and vegetable broth, and simmer on low until warmed through. Taste and adjust seasoning at this point.
6. Add in pasta and stir until pasta is fully coated.
7. Serve with Parmesan cheese! ENJOY